I first became interested in sports nutrition while participating in a bike tour of the French Alps during the 2004 Tour de France, which happened to be the same year I got my first road bike. Pushing myself up those super steep climbs got me thinking about how critical nutrition is to athletic performance. I decided to pursue a Master’s in Exercise Science so that I could better work in the sports nutrition field, and I started entering local events, such as the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic, Copper Triangle, and Triple Bypass. Since then I have participated in several races and organized rides, but I mostly ride because it’s fun and I love it, not to compete. I prefer to ride uphill and at elevation, and in the past few years I have gotten involved in mountain running as well.
Whether it be in cycling, mountain running, or skate skiing, I am constantly trying new sports nutrition products and experimenting with different nutritional strategies. My first-hand experience in a variety of sports helps me to better identify with the athletes I work with and to find what works best for them.
I am a firm believer in the importance of nutrition for athletic performance and overall well being. That’s why I am passionate about helping athletes improve their performance and health by maximizing their nutrition. As an athlete myself, I have a comprehensive understanding of athletes’ unique nutrition needs. My background in disordered eating also means that I am in tune to the fine balance of managing one's diet and weight for sport without sacrificing mental and physical health.
- 1st place overall female at the 2016 Ride for the Pass
- 2nd place, females 19-34 at the Iron Horse Cycling Classic 2015 Coca Cola Road Race
- 3rd place overall female at the 2014 Ride for the Pass
- 2nd place overall female in the 2014 Iron Horse Bicycle Classic Citizen’s Race
- 3rd place overall female in the 2014 Bob Cook Memorial Mt Evans Hill Climb Grand Fondo
- 3rd place overall female at the 2014 Mt Royal Hill Climb
- 7th overall female and 1st in age group at the 2014 Mt. Evans Ascent
- Member of the Runners Roost Mountain/Ultra Running Team